Monday, October 3, 2011

Digital Media for DIGITAL NATIVES


Reflective Journal II - TLL

Talking about digital media, there are always some characteristics inside it. I love digital media, so I have to know what are the characteristics of it. Reading the article of topic 4 in TLL Module, has let me know what are they. Text, images, audio, video, interactivity, software, feedback, wow! We still have a lot :) Those things are what we usually face in our daily activities. We need those great characteristics in the digital media! Remember, we are digital natives! We are easy to understand the use of technologies.
Then, what would technology be without those characteristics?
I believe, we will get bored! Absolutely.

We, as the digital natives have realized that we need media in order to communicate, to share our thought, our mind, our voice, ourselves!
I love the part of the module, which said 
Communication is at the heart of language teaching and learning.
Yeah! Using technology means it helps us to communicate to others.
It helps us in language teaching and learning *yuhuuu..
Technology is a magic which has come into my life, our life!
We can get lots of information easily.
We can interact to others easily.
We can get any feedback from others easily.
We can distribute any information to digital media easily (as well).

See? How great technologies are!
Sometimes I wonder that computer is smarter than me. I realized that one.
However, in many books I read, they always say human is much better than computer! The one who created computer is a human! Human is always able to learn about computer. Computer is only a smart machine. It is able to be broken (well, I don't want mine to get broken) LOL. 
Whether my computer is smarter than me or not. I love my computer. I am absolutely addicted! And you too #Let's keep it as a secret :)

The characteristics of digital media nowadays have let us get into a modern era.
The information of digital media nowadays is really flexible to be edited, to be used (software), to be mixed (images, video, audio), and even to be plagiarized as well. Hikz -____-"
Our position now as a learner, a teacher, and a digital native needs to make us realize that we have to do something right. It would be embarrassing, once you know that your status as a student is also as a plagiarist. Digital media has helped us a lot in our study, our work, our life!
Then why don't we be thankful and try to appreciate many things we have got?

Again, TECHNOLOGY IS A MAGIC.
It's about how you use it :)
 
Keep Moving Forward, Technology :D

3 comments:

  1. The computer can get broken?
    I knew that.
    lol
    Yes, digital media is great. I met some great friends through that medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too long in front of screen can make our eye tired. keep your healty by doing fisical activity such us joging or walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Media is my life, your life, our life!
    we and them (media) have been life together as long as our life.
    I cannot life without them, you cannot life without them. You and me need them in our life, cause we're digital natives for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete