Saturday, October 22, 2011

A BIG HI for St. Theresia!

# School Experience Part I
At the first time I knew that the school which would be the place for me to be observed is St. Theresia Senior High School, it has been amazing for me to have that chance. Why? Because St. Theresia had been a place I dreamt to study. It is a national plus school and it has a good culture in being discipline, independent, and studying hard. I love the culture and the situation at that school. So it has been my big chance to observe and even teach great students there because I already had a good mindset about them.
Having a big chance does not mean I may think everything would be easy. As a teacher assistant, I already had a chance to teach the students there for two times (twice).  The master teacher who guides me and two other partners (Elia and Gratika) asked us to make a lesson plan with a good structure and do it very well. It had been a difficult time for our group because the arrangement and the detail of lesson plan we had to make is according to her. So we learned a lot about how to make a very good lesson plan by having lots of details about the activities and the purpose inside it, because in the process we learned that, we had to change the lesson plan again and again, till we knew we were already right.
After finishing the first lesson plan, then we were allowed to teach the students (XI Science-1) . It had been a happy time for me and two other partners because the students paid attention to us when we taught them about ‘analytical exposition text’. The students are seriously smart and critical. During teaching the class we used full English, and giving them some activities. They looked very happy and satisfied; we can see that by looking at the reflection that we asked. The thing that I felt as the difficulty is only one, the students are not easy to be asked to be active in speaking and answering questions, or bring their voice in the class directly. Well, not only that, our master teacher also just allowed us to observe her class once.  So far this all what I am impressed about St. Theresia.

1 comment: