Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Your Name: Where All Things is Started



Life is such a big mystery. Sometimes it’s too confusing to talk about where our life was started. One thing I know, name is a part of your big mystery. Your name is meaningful. It was where all things started. When you were born, then your parents would think a lot about your name. It is all about your parents’ hope, your characters, yourself inside your name! Be proud of it!
So, let me tell you more about mine.



My parents gave a word of ‘Merry’ as the name of me. Believe it or not, my name is only one word ‘Merry’ and it was given by my father, my daddy.
Before I write this all, I asked my mother about the history of my name (completely).
No longer then I truly know the history of me! #yeay
So this is where all things of my life started.
My mommy said that I was born at Mekar Sari Hospital on March 18, 1993.
My mother was so great to bear the first child of her (It’s me).
No longer then, my father decided to give me ‘Merry’ as my name.
You know why? Because I was born with many letters of ‘M’
Mekar Sari, March and.. My father thought it’s a western name. He felt that is very good for his first child and I still use it till now!
Not only that. Having Chinese family background made me have this name as well.
The name of Merry means ‘Mei Li’ in Chinese language.
The name of Mei Li means beautiful.
So every single person who uses this name, meaning the person is hoped to be beautiful, gorgeous, and perfect, and my father chose it for me!
Does that mean I am beautiful? That’s your opinion. Just tell me the honest fact. Thanks ;)

So far, I feel really good to use and to have this name. I realized that my name also has another meaning. In English, Merry means Happy. So I am a happy person, am I? Well, I feel it.
This name made me realize why I am always cheerful. That is my world. I love to be free and happy. I love my name. My name is (only) Merry and I don’t want to change my name at all.
It is given, the best given from my parents.
My name is my identity since I was born, till now.
Whether my name ‘Merry’ has been popular to be used, it’s not a big deal.
Even, if I need any addition, I prefer to use ‘Evangeline’ as my last name.
Though I don’t know exactly the meaning of it, I just feel the name of ‘Evangeline’ has a power for me. I found that means you are strong!
Some tell me, it is also related to Evangelist.
Though I am not that kind of people to be an evangelist, it does not matter.
Otherwise, I wish I am able to make my faith gets stronger, to believe in God.
That’s mine.

3 comments:

  1. Yes. You're beautiful.
    right.
    'Evangeline' comes from two Greek words:
    'eu' = 'good'
    +
    'aggelos' = 'message/messenger'.
    Do you know? My name is French for 'the king'. lol.
    'le Roi' but I don't spell it the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Merry' is a great name.
    A great name for a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly...Yess, You're.. not only outer..your behaviour reflect your inner beauty too..:))

    ReplyDelete